One of the joys of the SIVB presidency is the ability to nominate individuals who have served the society in some special capacity for a distinguished service award. Normally these awards are presented at the opening awards ceremony. For 2020, the virtual meeting format meant that we could not make the normal presentations. I would like to take this opportunity to recognize them here.Read More
Month: November 2020
The following student awards were presented at the 2020 World Congress on In Vitro Biology Virtual Pre-recorded Meeting held from June 6-10, 2020. Information on additional awardees at the 2020 World Congress was presented in the previous issue of the In Vitro Report. Information related to the available specific student awards can be found on the SIVB website or by contacting the SIVB Business Office.Read More
This year’s In Vitro Biology meeting featured a virtual prerecorded oral presentation competition for Plant Biotechnology Students.Read More
Continuing to stay engaged, inspiring each other, and learning from each other is now more important than ever for our Society. We hope that this new “You’ve Got This!” section will become a successful platform to share your stories about the challenges that you face due to this pandemic and the “new normal”, as well as ideas about how to overcome them.Read More
- This year, we are planning on a live meeting! I am so eager to be able to see you all without the framing of a ...
- We are (more than) pleased to announce that our annual meeting is going to be an in-person event at the Town and Country Hotel in ...
- We are only 3 months away from getting to see each other again face-to-face in San Diego for our annual meeting from June 4 – ...
- The 2022 – 2024 elections are complete. All elected members will take office beginning at the SIVB Annual Meeting in June 2022 in San Diego.
- Many 2021 Distinguished Service Award award recipients are recognized for their ability to face the unique set of challenges that the continued pandemic put on ...
- We highlight Greg Gocal’s research into gene editing in this issue’s Journal Highlights.
- Stay up-to-date with some SIVB Members and explore some ExPlants news in this issue.
- Welcome New SIVB Members! Give a warm welcome to the new Society for In Vitro Biology members who joined in the past few months!
The In Vitro Report accepts submissions from members or interested scientists. Submissions must include author’s name, address, phone, or other number where you can be reached. For additional information regarding submissions to In Vitro Report, contact Sylvia A. Mitchell or Michael J. Fay, Editors-in-Chief, by phone or email or contact the SIVB office.