2020 continues to be a year of challenges with the largest challenges all being driven by scientific needs. At times like this, scientific societies – especially the Society for In Vitro Biology – need to step up and speak out.Read More
Month: November 2020
The Society for In Vitro Biology is pleased to announce that Dr. J. Keith Joung will be presenting the Keynote Address titled “CRISPR-based technologies for targeted genome editing and gene regulation” at the 2021 In Vitro Biology Meeting (June 5-9, Norfolk, VA).Read More
Each year, the Society for In Vitro Biology looks to honor our best and brightest. You know your colleagues best, so we reach out to our membership to help us identify and celebrate those who have achieved significant accomplishments in their career. Now is the time to nominate your SIVB colleagues for a 2021 SIVB Awards.Read More
The SIVB Distinguished Scientist Award recognizes outstanding mid-career scientists who have made significant contributions to the field of in vitro biology and/or in the development of novel technologies that have advanced in vitro biology. The Society for In Vitro Biology honored Dr. Fredy Altpeter and Dr. Michael J. Fay as recipients of the Distinguished Scientist Award at the 2020 In Vitro Biology Meeting.Read More
The Society for In Vitro Biology established the Fellow Award to recognize outstanding professionals who have made significant contributions to the field of in vitro biology and demonstrated service to the Society. The Society for In Vitro Biology honored Mr. Michael Dame, Dr. Lucy Lee and Dr. William Gordon-Kamm with Fellow Awards at the 2020 World Congress on In Vitro Biology.Read More
- Time continues to fly by! It is hard to believe that our very successful virtual meeting – In Vitro OnLine – is already several months ...
- Dr. Thomas Hartung, MD, PhD will give the Keynote address at the 2022 In Vitro Biology meeting.
- James Lloyd Vaughn passed away on March 3, 2021 at the age of 87. Dr. Vaughn became a member of Society of In Vitro Biology ...
- The Society for In Vitro Biology honored Dr. Addy Alt-Holland with the Fellow Award for her excellence in scientific pursuits and service to the society.
- The Early Career Award recognizes current members of the SIVB who are outstanding early-career scientists in the field of in vitro biology.
- Now is the time to nominate your SIVB colleagues for a 2022 SIVB Award! All nominations are due by February 1, 2022.
- The SIVB Plant Biotechnology Section held a Post-Doctoral Oral Presentation Competition on Monday June 7th, 2021.
- The 2021 Vitro Biology meeting featured a competition for Plant Biotechnology Students.
- Take a deep dive into some Journal Highlights. Common centaury (Centaurium erythraea Rafn) is a medicinal plant …
- Stay up-to-date with some SIVB Members. The Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden is hosting a virtual free symposium …
The In Vitro Report accepts submissions from members or interested scientists. Submissions must include author’s name, address, phone, or other number where you can be reached. For additional information regarding submissions to In Vitro Report, contact Sylvia A. Mitchell or Michael J. Fay, Editors-in-Chief, by phone or email or contact the SIVB office.