I am honored and humbled to take on the presidential position for our society. John and his predecessors leave large shoes to fill even in the best of times. This is not the best of times!Read More
Month: August 2020
One year ago, the Meeting Program Committee was strategizing the 2020 World Congress and very few of us could ever have imagined the world as it is set today. The SARS-CoV2 pandemic has presented tremendous hardship for many people and has challenged every aspect of our lives as we work to resolve its path.Read More
The 2020 Planning Committee acknowledges the contributions and donations received from the following organizations and individuals for their support of the 2020 World Congress on In Vitro Biology.Read More
The Society for In Vitro Biology established the Fellow Award to recognize outstanding professionals who have made significant contributions to the field of in vitro biology and demonstrated service to the Society. The Society for In Vitro Biology honored Mr. Michael Dame, Dr. Lucy EJ Lee and Dr. William Gordon-Kamm with Fellow Awards at the 2020 World Congress on In Vitro Biology.Read More
- Time continues to fly by! It is hard to believe that our very successful virtual meeting – In Vitro OnLine – is already several months ...
- Dr. Thomas Hartung, MD, PhD will give the Keynote address at the 2022 In Vitro Biology meeting.
- James Lloyd Vaughn passed away on March 3, 2021 at the age of 87. Dr. Vaughn became a member of Society of In Vitro Biology ...
- The Society for In Vitro Biology honored Dr. Addy Alt-Holland with the Fellow Award for her excellence in scientific pursuits and service to the society.
- The Early Career Award recognizes current members of the SIVB who are outstanding early-career scientists in the field of in vitro biology.
- Now is the time to nominate your SIVB colleagues for a 2022 SIVB Award! All nominations are due by February 1, 2022.
- The SIVB Plant Biotechnology Section held a Post-Doctoral Oral Presentation Competition on Monday June 7th, 2021.
- The 2021 Vitro Biology meeting featured a competition for Plant Biotechnology Students.
- Take a deep dive into some Journal Highlights. Common centaury (Centaurium erythraea Rafn) is a medicinal plant …
- Stay up-to-date with some SIVB Members. The Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden is hosting a virtual free symposium …
The In Vitro Report accepts submissions from members or interested scientists. Submissions must include author’s name, address, phone, or other number where you can be reached. For additional information regarding submissions to In Vitro Report, contact Sylvia A. Mitchell or Michael J. Fay, Editors-in-Chief, by phone or email or contact the SIVB office.