The results of the election of officers (Board of Directors, Committee Chairs and Section Officers) are in and I would like to thank all who offered their services to the society. All of these positions are very important to the society for its governance and it is the successful completion of these functions that make the SIVB a successful society. The transitions to the newly elected officers will occur at the Friday night Board of Directors meeting just before the annual meeting in San Diego.Read More
Month: March 2020
The 2020 – 2022 elections are complete. All eligible members were sent an electronic ballot and received instructions on how to vote. All elected members will take office beginning at the SIVB Annual Meeting in June 2020.Read More
The Distinguished Scientist Award recognizes outstanding mid-career scientists who have made significant contributions to the field of in vitro biology and/or in the development of novel technologies that have advanced in vitro biology. The Society for In Vitro Biology honored Dr. Harold Trick as a recipient of the Distinguished Scientist Award at the 2019 In Vitro Biology Meeting in Tampa, FL.Read More
The basic tissue culture process of maize transformation has changed little since the first reports in 1990. The maize Agrobacterium-mediated transformation process normally takes about 10 to 15 weeks from embryo infection and co-cultivation to when “T0” plants can be sent to the greenhouse (GH). At Corteva AgriscienceTM, a research team recently developed a new transformation method that utilizes the maize transcription factors Babyboom (BBM) and Wuschel2 (WUS2) to stimulate direct transgenic embryo formation and plant regeneration.Read More
- Time continues to fly by! It is hard to believe that our very successful virtual meeting – In Vitro OnLine – is already several months ...
- Dr. Thomas Hartung, MD, PhD will give the Keynote address at the 2022 In Vitro Biology meeting.
- James Lloyd Vaughn passed away on March 3, 2021 at the age of 87. Dr. Vaughn became a member of Society of In Vitro Biology ...
- The Society for In Vitro Biology honored Dr. Addy Alt-Holland with the Fellow Award for her excellence in scientific pursuits and service to the society.
- The Early Career Award recognizes current members of the SIVB who are outstanding early-career scientists in the field of in vitro biology.
- Now is the time to nominate your SIVB colleagues for a 2022 SIVB Award! All nominations are due by February 1, 2022.
- The SIVB Plant Biotechnology Section held a Post-Doctoral Oral Presentation Competition on Monday June 7th, 2021.
- The 2021 Vitro Biology meeting featured a competition for Plant Biotechnology Students.
- Take a deep dive into some Journal Highlights. Common centaury (Centaurium erythraea Rafn) is a medicinal plant …
- Stay up-to-date with some SIVB Members. The Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden is hosting a virtual free symposium …
The In Vitro Report accepts submissions from members or interested scientists. Submissions must include author’s name, address, phone, or other number where you can be reached. For additional information regarding submissions to In Vitro Report, contact Sylvia A. Mitchell or Michael J. Fay, Editors-in-Chief, by phone or email or contact the SIVB office.