The ballots for the 2020 election of society and section officers have been sent by email to all members on or about November 5, 2019 and voting will close on December 5, 2019. I would strongly encourage each member to participate in the voting. We are a relatively compact society so each vote really counts. The use of Survey Monkey makes the process very straight forward and each candidate’s picture, biography and platform are incorporated into the ballot so comparing candidates is very easy. If you don’t know either of the candidates and wish to abstain, simply check that box. Dwight Tomes and his nominating committee have done a superb job of assembling a strong slate of candidates.Read More
Month: November 2019
The Keynote Speaker for the 2020 World Congress on In Vitro Biology is Dr. Alysson R. Muotri, Ph.D., of the Sanford Consortium, Departments of Pediatrics/Cellular & Molecular Medicine, University of California, San Diego. Dr. Muotri earned a BSc in Biological Sciences from the State University of Campinas in 1995 and a Ph.D. in Genetics from University of Sao Paulo, Brazil in 2001. He continued his postdoctoralRead More
The highest honor given by the Society for In Vitro Biology is the Lifetime Achievement Award. It is presented to scientists who are considered pioneers or highly influential researchers to the science and art of cell culture. They are men and women who have devoted their careers to exemplary research and/or teaching. The recipients of the Lifetime Achievement Award are selected by vote of the Board of Directors from a list of nominations recommended by the Awards Committee. The Society for In Vitro Biology honored Dr. Tetsuji Okamoto and Dr. Barbara Reed with SIVB Lifetime Achievement Awards at the 2019 In Vitro Biology Meeting in Tampa, FL.Read More
The Young Scientist Award recognizes current members of the SIVB who are outstanding early-career scientists and who have made significant contributions to the field of in vitro biology and/or in the development of novel technologies that have advanced in vitro biology. The Society for In Vitro Biology honored Dr. Raj Deepika Chauhan with the Young Scientist Award at the 2019 In Vitro Biology Meeting in Tampa, FL.Read More
We look to our members to help the Society recognize and celebrate scientific achievements of their peers. Now is the time to nominate your SIVB colleagues for a 2020 Award. There are a variety of available awards for members at all stages of their career which we have listed below for quick reference. Please take a moment to review the criteria for each award and the SIVB nomination processes, then download the fillable nominations form and prepare your nomination package. Nominations must be received by February 1, 2020 to be considered for a 2020 Award.Read More
- This year, we are planning on a live meeting! I am so eager to be able to see you all without the framing of a ...
- We are (more than) pleased to announce that our annual meeting is going to be an in-person event at the Town and Country Hotel in ...
- We are only 3 months away from getting to see each other again face-to-face in San Diego for our annual meeting from June 4 – ...
- The 2022 – 2024 elections are complete. All elected members will take office beginning at the SIVB Annual Meeting in June 2022 in San Diego.
- Many 2021 Distinguished Service Award award recipients are recognized for their ability to face the unique set of challenges that the continued pandemic put on ...
- We highlight Greg Gocal’s research into gene editing in this issue’s Journal Highlights.
- Stay up-to-date with some SIVB Members and explore some ExPlants news in this issue.
- Welcome New SIVB Members! Give a warm welcome to the new Society for In Vitro Biology members who joined in the past few months!
The In Vitro Report accepts submissions from members or interested scientists. Submissions must include author’s name, address, phone, or other number where you can be reached. For additional information regarding submissions to In Vitro Report, contact Sylvia A. Mitchell or Michael J. Fay, Editors-in-Chief, by phone or email or contact the SIVB office.