AudioVisual Rental Collection
The Society for In Vitro Biology
The Society for In Vitro Biology has an extensive audiovisual film
library that we offer through mail order. Our complete collection has
been broken down into major categories for faster downloading and easy
access by subject. You are invited to peruse
the library. Please contact the business office if you wish to rent
a film at (919) 562-0600 or by email at
Both mail and telephone orders are invited. Telephone orders must be confirmed
by a purchase ordermark the purchase order CONFIRMATION. Non USA
orders must be prepaid. Identify films by using both the catalog number,
title, and format VHS, B/W, etc.). Specify both a shipping and billing
The Audiovisual Committee is anxious to hear from investigators
who have films or videocassettes to donate to the Library. For more
information, please contact Marietta Wheaton Ellis at email@example.com.
- 16 mm$30.00 per week SIVB members; $40.00 non-members.
VHS VideoSee separate pricing
- Up to 3 short 16 mm films may be rented at one time for the same rental
rates. These films include silent films that have a running time of under
16 minutes and sound films that have a running time of under 11 minutes.
- Minimum rental period1 week.
Renters are allowed 5 days (in transit, shipping) for return of the film
after the rental period. A late charge of $10.00 per day is charged for
films received after the rental and return period.
Shipping & Insurance:
- Renter pays shipping and insurance both directions
- USA shipped by United Parcel Service (16 mm) or First Class VHS). All
other countries by air freight (air mail to Canada).
- Renter MUST insure returning films at $200.00 each. If uninsured film
is lost, renter is liable for replacement costs.
- Permission must be obtained in writing by the renter of the film from the
SIVB before any portion may be shown to the general public or by appearing
in printed form in any publication. Duplication in any manner is strictly
prohibited under copyright regulations.